Ordering & Details
You can download at no charge the Symantec software for your operating system by following these steps:
- Select your operating system next to the software you want in the Downloads table below.
- Log in with your University of Minnesota Internet ID and password.
- Read the Symantec AntiVirus Software Use Agreement and select I accept.
- Download the software completely.
- Note: If you are a faculty or staff member using a University of Minnesota owned computer, talk to your local IT staff to determine which security package you should install.
|Product ||Version ||Download |
Symantec Endpoint Recommended Configuration Installation
For an easy installation this image has been pre-configured to IT Security's recommended settings. You will not be able to alter settings.
This image would be best for staff, faculty and students to use on their personally owned computers.
|12.1.2 ||Windows 7, Vista or XP Pro; 32 & 64 bit |
|Symantec Endpoint Full Installation ||12.1.2 ||Windows 7, Vista or XP Pro; 32 & 64 bit |
|Symantec Endpoint Full Installation ||12.1.2 ||Mac OS X |
|Symantec Endpoint Full Installation ||12.1.2 ||Linux |
Terms & Conditions
General UTools Terms & Conditions apply to this software license. If additional terms and conditions apply to this item, they will be listed below.
IT has a license with Symantec Corp. to provide its AntiVirus® and Symantec Client Security® (SCS) software to eligible students, faculty, and staff of all campuses of the University of Minnesota.
The software may be used on departmental computers and student, faculty, and staff personal computers, provided the following conditions are met:
- You may install Symantec Client Security (including Symantec AntiVirus) on any computer paid for with University of Minnesota funds and owned by the University of Minnesota and on one computer owned by a current University of Minnesota student, faculty, or staff member for his or her personal use.
- Alumni and retired faculty are not eligible to download or purchase this software as part of the University's agreement.
- Symantec (Norton) AntiVirus is required on computers in the residence halls (ResNet).
Also see the UWide Policy Library, Administrative Policy for Securing Private Data, Computers, and Other Electronic Devices
Help & Support
License Help and Requests
Have a question about software licenses, codes, or renewals? Send e-mail to the OIT Software License Team.
Contact the campus technology helpline:
See the Technology Help page for details.