Ordering & Details
A departmental, collegiate/administrative unit, or faculty/staff work computer license for this item can be obtained through the Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solution (EES) - Program (prev Microsoft Campus Agreement Program).
The advantages of participating in the Microsoft Campus Agreement Program include the following.
- Savings: By purchasing software for the entire University of Minnesota, the University is able to save a significant amount of money.
- Software Compliance: The Microsoft Campus Agreement ensures software compliance for the entire University.
- Decreased Administrative Support: The Microsoft Campus Agreement eliminates the need for meticulous record-keeping by departments of what software is installed on what computer, etc.
- Upgrade and Downgrade Rights: The software license agreements include all vendor upgrades during the year of the software license agreement, as well as downgrade rights.
- Future Software Saving: When departments order computers in the future, they will not need to upgrade the operating system or add an Office product to the price of the computer. We suggest ordering the computer with the standard Microsoft operating system the manufacturer is offering and then upgrading the operating system to the most current one, and installing Microsoft Office software when you receive the computer.
Terms & Conditions
General Technology Products Terms & Conditions apply to this software license. If additional terms and conditions apply to this item, they will be listed below.
OIT has purchased popular software for University of Minnesota colleges and departments, system-wide, to participate in the Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solution - EES - Program for software items such as this one.
The Board of Regents approved an agreement between the University of Minnesota and Microsoft Corporation to provide a suite of Microsoft’s most popular software for use on computers that are owned by the University of Minnesota. Through this agreement the software may be used on any computer that is owned by the University of Minnesota. All campuses are included in this agreement.
Help & Support
License Help and Requests
Have a question about software licenses, codes, or renewals? Send e-mail to the OIT Software License Team.
Sign up for free Microsoft e-Learning online courses.