Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Request Departmental Space
- Requests for space should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will determine what college equivalent unit the request is part of.
- If that unit has space already, we refer the request to the administrator of the space for the college level unit.
- If not, we send the requester a space request form, which has to be approved by someone at the college unit level (dean, IT director, etc).
- When we get the form back, we create a new root folder in NetFiles for that college level unit, /oit for example, and make the person(s) designated on the form the administrator of that space.
- That person with administrative rights can then create folders within that folder and set the appropriate permissions and quotas on the subfolders.