Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Request a Moodle Site
Moodle 2.4 Course Request Form
- This request form is for courses beginning in the 2013 Academic Year: Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014.
- A separate request form needs to be submitted for every separate Moodle site to be created.
To request a course site:
Instructors & Designers can sign in with their University Internet IDs, choose the type of course site, and fill out the site request form. There are two Moodle site request forms available:
- Academic course site with auto-enrollment: A Moodle site tied to one or more University academic courses set up to fetch class lists of registered students from the PeopleSoft® system.
- Development or non-academic course site: This form lets you create prototype course sites to explore Moodle features and tools. Development site content can be easily transferred later to an academic course site. If your class is not yet in the class schedule or has not been assigned a course designator, we recommend this form as well. Also, this could be a Moodle site used for any general purpose: group collaboration, departmental web-board, internal training, etc.
Designer/Faculty Sponsor Responsibilities
By requesting a Moodle course site, the requester and faculty sponsor (when applicable):
- Agree to the policies.
- Agree to receive notices of Moodle server maintenance or upgrade activities and to act responsibly when sharing the account, according to FERPA regulations.
- For student privacy and FERPA reasons, we must be able to verify course instructors in the class schedule. Therefore, if you are not listed in the class schedule as the instructor, or if you have requested a course site for someone else (e.g., you are a TA), we will create the site so you can begin to work on it, but we will not fetch the class list of registered students. If you are the one who will be teaching the course, ask your department to make sure you are listed in PeopleSoft as the instructor of record. Let us know once this is done, and we will fetch the class list of registered students into your site.
Join the University of Minnesota Moodle Community
Learn about the latest UMN Moodle news and events, join in discussions, and give your feedback on the Moodle course site for the UMN Moodle Community in MoodleTalk.