Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Activity completion allows the instructor to set completion criteria in a specific activity or resource's settings. A check appears
against the activity/resource when the student meets these criteria. A criterion might be viewing, receiving a certain score,
or a student marking it as complete.
Set up Activity Completion for Activities/Resources
- Turn editing on.
- Go to activity or resource (forum, assignment, quiz, etc.)
- Click the Update (gear) icon for the activity.
- Scroll down to Activity completion. (Each type of activity will have different completion options.)
Forum Activity Completion Settings
Assignment Activity Completion Settings
Quiz Activity Completion Settings
- Set Completion tracking to Show activity complete when conditions are met.
- When setting up an activity for automatic activity completion, for Completion tracking, choose Show activity as
complete when conditions are met.
- When setting up an activity for student self-completion, for Completion tracking, choose Students can manually
mark the activity as completed.
- If you choose, automatic activity completion, select check boxes for items you want to require.
- Optional, set a date when the activity is expected to be completed.
- Save changes at the bottom of the window.
Activities with activity completion enabled will have a check box to the right of them on the home page.
With Editing turned on:
With Editing turned off:
Viewing Activity Reports
- Go to Navigation block > Current course > Reports > Activity Report.