Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Requesting a Group
Official University Groups
- Personal groups are available to everyone at the University, and can be used for any number of reasons, including study groups, social clubs or family lists.
- These groups are subject to the guidelines set forth by the University's Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources, FERPA and HIPAA policies.
- Request group by using the Personal Group Form.
Listserv Mailing List Conversion
If you currently manage a ListServ mailing list, you can request to convert the mailing list into a Google Group. Request group by using the Official University Group Form and selecting the Listserv Conversion option. We can add members to your existing Google group. This service is available to group managers, who want to add a large number of members - greater than 50 - to their Google group.Contact staff at Technology Help and submit a request with a list of he users to add. Please be sure to include the Group Name to add the list members to.
Deleting a Group
- Group managers may request that a group be deleted/disabled by contacting staff at Technology Help.
After a period of one year each group will be reviewed.
- Group administrators will attempt to contact group managers via email 12 months from the group creation date.
- If a reply is received, the group will be renewed for 12 months.
- If no reply is received within 30 days, the group will be disabled. Disabled groups have will no access to group functionality.
- If no contact is made while the group is disabled, the group will be deleted after the 30 days have expired.